Sunday, November 21, 2010

Wrap It Up

Christmas present from the past
I've cut out Vogue 1100 from a turquiose linen rayon poly blend that is ancient.  Not the world's nicest fabric for this jacket but a great color so I'm willing to give it a try.  Cut it, fused interfacing and cut the lining yesterday.  None of that is particularly photogenic so I'll post a picture of a purse I made as a gift two years ago.  I had recieved one of these same purses from a wonderful friend who gifted it to me after winning at a sewing guild raffle.  Loved the texture of it so eventually I bought the book, It's a Wrap, by Susan Breier.  Susans stitiches website    
I've mentioned before that I'm not going to get into quilting but years ago I started buying quilting cottons every so often.  Here's a fun way to use them...and any other thin, colorful fabric.  This particular one was a gift for my dog loving sister-in-law hence the dog theme fabric.  I added a drawstring inner cover about 1/3 down from the top of the finished purse to make it a little more private.  I'm still thrilled with how my first project came out, good colors, good shape and great texture.  


Here's the gift one.  Wonderful chocolate brown and lime green colors.



 A jacket waiting to be sewn:

2 comments:

  1. The turquoise is so pretty and what a unique purse. I love the shape and texture of it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought to make a whole purse with that wrap method! Looks great. I guess I ran out of steam on the wrapping and stitching at about small basket size.

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments, opinions, advice and questions. I just ask that we all "play nice."