My first one presented me with a challenge when I was sewing it at the sewing retreat last weekend. The jacket pattern is a raglan sleeve pattern and unlined. I wanted a lined pattern. I cut out a lining using all the pattern pieces. I figured I would use the front and back facings from the pattern and sew the lining directly to them. Whoops, not really going to work. That idea works nicely on a set in sleeve unlined jacket. But not so nicely on a raglan sleeve jacket with all those extra seams at the shoulder and neckline.
|Attempted lining pieces|
|Whoops, facings not designed for that lining!|
So rather than reinvent the wheel at this stage, I'll go along with Simplicity's plan. I'm binding the seams with silk dupioni and will wear it as a lightweight unlined jacket. If I make it again, perhaps I'll do the stitch and flip technique or simply underline the whole jacket in Ambiance to have that cool lining feeling.