Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas Then and Now



Merry Christmas from my screen to yours.  
Yes, this was the Christmas outfit that my mother made many decades ago when this was the photo for our family Christmas card.  I don't have a photo of me wearing my Christmas outfit for this year since we have had nothing but fog and rain for the last week....and much of that week Mr. Lucky and I spent sniffling and coughing with a nasty winter cold.  Here is is on my dress form....another Tabula Rasa jacket with Fabric Mart glittery fabrics and piping done with silk from a gift given by a dear friend many years ago.  

Tabula Rasa Jacket by Fit for Art Patterns

I am looking forward to feeling like myself by next week and have a great new boiled wool jacket to share.  Until then, happy wishes for a great holiday time.













4 comments:

  1. Cute pic! and I love your jacket. Fabric Mart does come up with some fun glittery fabric. I often wish I had somewhere to wear it - then I think I'll just make something anyway just for the fun! Feel better soon and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Jane! What a beautiful jacket! Cute picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas from South Carolina! You jacket is beautiful--and love your choice of fabric. Everyone down here has been getting that awful cold virus, including me, so I know what you mean about no energy to do what you want to do. Hope you feel better soon, it took me over two weeks to feel normal again. Wishing you a Very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jane,
    I ran across your blog while researching the Tabula Rasa jacket. Love all the jackets and knit tops you have made. I can't wait to get my pattern and get started. I wish I could shop Fabric Mart in person like you do. Thanks for sharing your work!

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments, opinions, advice and questions. I just ask that we all "play nice."