Right before leaving I did sit down and sew up two new aprons for moi. I've been culling my fabric resource center (a never ending Sisyphean job), posting some woolens on Baltimore's Craigslist
|2nd apron with Fabric Mart fabric|
August was a heavy canning and cooking month and I noticed that I could use an apron of my own. I made one for Mr. Lucky from Threads magazine instructions a year or so ago. Patternreview with Mr. Lucky's apron While cleaning out patterns I noticed this Simplicity Daisy Kingdom pattern which fulfilled my needs for full coverage and some adjustability.
What did surprise me was that I would need alterations even on an apron pattern. I had to raise the bottom portion of the apron 2" to make the ties hit me at my waist in the back. I know that I am short waisted and have high hip fluff but wow, that was a major torso alteration. On the first apron, made with some crab themed quilting cotton that a friend had given me, I cut a seam right above my waist and took out those two inches to make the back ties more comfortable.
|Apron with crab applique|
|Back ties with that adjusted seam showing|
|Black-eyed Susans, the Maryland State Flower|
|One of the garden pots that did not burn out in the summer drought|