Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A Little More, Please

Needs one more row of blocks
Hmmmm, I just discovered another benefit of quilting.  When you decide that it's too short, just piece together another row.  Doesn't work like that when your dress is too short, does it?  Turns out I want 40 squares, not just the 35 in this picture.  So last night while watching Bones I stitched them up and fit them into the plan.

My sweetie sewing friend, Michele, is coming to visit today and we're going to work on some fitting projects here.  I've made up my first version of the famous Style Arc Elle  Style Arc pants pant and have to do some back crotch adjusting.  Not likely to take a lot of pictures of that whole process and I commend the others willing to document pants fitting in such detail.  I don't think I have much to add to the expertise out there but I am so grateful for others who show the way to nicely fitting pants.  If you want to tackle a pants project, then I'd strongly recommend the Palmer Pletsch book  Pants for Real People and the Peggy Sagers webcasts and videos. Silhouette Patterns webcasts

Tomorrow it's another Megabus trip to NYC for the day.  We're focusing on trim visits this time around as well as another Broadway show.  Will share our finds later in the week.

1 comment:

  1. This quilt is going to be beautiful. Love your green and white combination.

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments, opinions, advice and questions. I just ask that we all "play nice."