Thursday, May 10, 2012

Gardening Day

Thank you, Katie, Amy, and Grace.  I'll be able to recreate that post since somehow it made it to your web readers.  Guess you must have good internet karma.
Today was the first day of sunshine in forever so Mr. Lucky and I took full advantage by making a big dent in our gardening work.  That meant I spent the entire day in grubby clothes and when I quit at 6:15 pm, finally had a shower and cleaned up for dinner....and ibuprofen.  Gardening....good exercise but lots of digging, lifting, bending and carrying.  I'm about a third of the way through our major spring clean up and plantings.  Blogging and sewing will have to wait since we're on Mother Nature's schedule this month.


Knip Mode top April 2008 
Here's the picture of MMM day 9.   The top is one of my first internet sewing experiences.  It's from the April 2008 issue of Knip Mode. Knip Mode I saw Melissa at Fehrtrade sew up this fun version of a twist top....really just a gathered top.  She translated the Dutch directions and had wonderful diagrams on her blog so I bought it on Ebay and make one or two each season.  
We're going to veg out in front of TV tonight but I bet it won't be for long.  Hope your day has been just as productive.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice for gardening! I look like a bag-lady when I garden:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful gardening outfit! I'm not fit to be seen by the neighbours, though, obviously I am seen when working out front.

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments, opinions, advice and questions. I just ask that we all "play nice."