Friday, April 4, 2014

Ottobre Top

A lot of vacation but very little sewing happened on our fabulous Florida and southern state trip.  I packed my machine and plenty of projects but we had such terrific weather that I only stayed inside to stitch up this knit Ottobre twist top (an old TNT pattern from maybe five years ago) 
We have already booked our place for next March.  Not sure if I will pack my machine and so many projects.  Perhaps I will actually design one of those wonderful Alabama Chanin garments with its hours of hand sewing and have that to work on in case of less than lovely weather.  11 months to make that decision.....

Sewing readers can stop and move on since I also wanted to post some more photos of our carefree stay in Florida and our slow trip back to Baltimore this week.  The best part of the trip was reconnecting with Florida friends....just two of them from our daily dogpark morning visits.

 
Mr. Lucky and I left our rental house on Monday
 and mapped out and interesting sightseeing trip while heading north.  We stopped in Macon, GA to see its huge cherry blossom display throughout the town.  There are more than 300,000 trees amidst its restored downtown area and beautiful suburbs.
Some Macon GA cherry blossoms
Outside of town we visited one of the most interesting sites I have seen in North America.  This is a prehistoric site with many mounds from a village of more than 2000 people a few thousand years ago.  Unlike area of Europe, these sites are frequently forgotten in the US and this was a terrific visit and so educational.



from the sublime to the ridiculous....We headed out to a large lake outside of Macon and had dinner at this fun spot
Wow, we love southern cooking:

From Macon we drove to Augusta, GA where Mr. Lucky played a round of golf at a lovely municipal course and I rode about 12 miles on the local greenway trail along the Savannah River



Now we are in Virginia and I am heading out to the my local ASG meeting while Mr. Lucky plays golf nearby.  Then it's back home and time to unpack.  See you back in my regular sewing room soon.....

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great trip! Hey, you can always stay in and sew! Sometimes it is more important to enjoy the scenery! Love the top :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had fun on your trip. Isn't Macon a great city?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your trip sounds great and your top is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty top & I really enjoyed your photos!

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments, opinions, advice and questions. I just ask that we all "play nice."