Thursday, June 14, 2012

Happy Flag Day, USA

Happy Flag Day!  Yes, in the USA, this is the day to celebrate the adoption of the stars and stripes as the US flag.  Here in Baltimore it's always a special day because we also honor Francis Scott Key and the "Star-Spangled Banner."  And is even more memorable since this year is the bicentennial of the War of 1812 which is being celebrated with 40 tall ships in our harbor from around the world, Blue Angels air shows, special concerts and great festivities in town.  All of this to say that I was going to post about a new dress pattern today but instead our wonderful friends invited us last minute to tour the harbor on foot and on their boat.  Here are just a few of the pics from a glorious day:


The Pride of Baltimore II, the only ship among them all with wooden masts


The Blue Angels practicing overhead for the weekend show


No new dress to see but I wore one of my first Today's Fit Vogue patterns from at least 10 or more years ago.  It's a shirt that I only keep in my wardrobe for nautical patriotic events like this.  I've learned a lot about sewing garments since I made this shirt.  However, more than one sailor complimented me today as they helped us up and down gangplanks to tour the ships.




From our house to your, happy Flag Day!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a wonderful day. The sewing will keep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took very similar pictures! Wasn't it a wonderful celebration?

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments, opinions, advice and questions. I just ask that we all "play nice."